Sunday, November 13, 2011

So the guy says"But can you play the part of a Mom"?

 Earlier this week I was looking for some extra ways to make some quick cash.  So I opened up Craigslist and found an ad that titled "Actor's/Commercial" for those of you who may not know,  I was a Professional Actress.  (My IMDb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0340565/) It has been a while since I've been in front of the Camera.  I'm sure I'll be a bit rusty.  And while I prefer to work behind the scenes now, I'm still relying on the 3 years of studying at the Actor's Workshop in Royal Oak, Michigan and the 1/2 year at Second City in Detroit, to get me through the audition. 
So with all that talent and experience I applied.  Not really knowing what they were looking for, I did what any other professional would do.  I sent them my head shots, (thanks to Lucie Aleks of Studio Moonlight who just helped me update those old pics) my resume and a quick few lines of how I found them. I then requested more details.
Much to my surprise I got an email back the next day asking for a demo reel.  Apparently they wanted to see me in action.  I didn't have a demo reel of myself.  However, I did send them an MP3 of my Radio Talk Show "Tire Kickers Radio" (for those of you who didn't know I'm a Radio Personality as well).  Shortly after sending them this file I got the call from the producer.  I'm not sure if it was my Jolting Smile or my Golden Pipes that sold them but he called and asked me a very important question.
He asked me with a very stern, deep voice "So can you play a mom"?
For those of you who didn't know I'm also a mom of a beautiful 24 year old daughter,.  I said with confidence "I'm pretty sure, I can do that".
  So if you are reading this you're reading the words of the next spokesperson for a new coupon that will have me acting in the video's.  I'll post the first video as soon as it's done.  
Can I play a Mom?  Scheeeesh!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment